Sunday, May 16, 2010

Build Days 212 & 213.....Getting it running again

Finally got the clips I needed. I received them after two weeks, only to find they'd sent me the wrong size. Ended up ordering them from somewhere else - got them in two days.
So, this weekend I could get on with finishing the oil plumbing. Got the plumbing done and complete on Saturday. I also finished the wiring for the Accusump so that the valve is opened with the ignition.
Today, I filled the system with oil, replaced the spark plugs and put the car back on it's feet ready to start. This would be, not only a test of the oil system, but also the dash wiring.
First of all, I turned the engine over for a while without the spark plugs in, just to make sure the oil got through the new pipes etc, plus into the Accusump. Once I saw some pressure being displayed, I was ready.
So, once the plugs were back in, I started her up and she fired up fine. Seems to be running a treat. Most of the dash also seems to be working as well.
Once warm, though, I did find a leak in the new plumbing, however this has now been fixed.
There are two problems, though, that need to be sorted out. Firstly, the tacho, although working, seems a little erratic. Seems I'm not getting a clean signal. Secondly, the engine doesn't shutdown immediately when you turn the key off - must be something I've done in the wiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home