Saturday, February 14, 2009

Build Day 178.....Water, Water everywhere....

I started off by temporally wiring up the proper controller for the water pump. This enabled me to, for the first time, try to run the engine up to full temperature. I did this and the engine seems to run very well, but just before I shut everything down, it sprang a big leak from the o-ring used to seal the pump to the block.
So, water all over the floor! Not a serious issue to be honest as part of the run up to temperature was to test the cooling system under pressure, so I expected issues like this. I don't think the o-ring plan will work now though, so I've ordered some gasket paper instead and we'll have a go with that.
So with the engine out of action for now, I've continued with the wiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home