Sunday, January 18, 2009

Build Days 173 & 174.....SHE RUNS!

Well, Saturday I spent finishing off the temporary wiring. One minor issue was the the original battery from the Rover was dead. Tried to re-charge it over night, but with no luck.
So, today it was a quick trip to Halfords for a new battery, then to the petrol station for some fuel, and this is the result:

As you can see, I'm very happy! I didn't expect it to start with such little drama!
I also tried to move the car under it's own power to test my custom gearbox/clutch set up:

Again, success! The smoke is nothing to worry about, just some oil and stuff on the exhaust manifold. Next steps will be to install the wiring properly, splicing off the bits I don't need.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done bill, its a great moment on 1st start up and an even greater one when the car moves under power for the 1st time, i remember it well myself.Good luck with the rest of the build.best regards bob.

 
At 12:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, as bob has said its a great feeling starting and driving your creation for the first time,well done!.It took a lot of willpower not to drive mine up the street.I hope the rest of the build is hastle
free and doesnt take to long.All the best,
Andy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home