Sunday, January 04, 2009

Build Day 170 & 171.....Getting Closer to Starting Engine

Made some good progress over the weekend. Firstly, I've finished the fuel tank plumbing. I've also replaced the wheel studs on the rear for longer ones as the original ones would not allow enough turns on the wheel nuts to be safe. (Trouble is, now the studs are too long for the nuts, but this is a minor issue).
Also, I've finally fitted my custom handbrake adjuster and got the handbrake all set up. I've also torqued up the propshaft bolts.
Finally, I've filled the engine cooling system with antifreeze. There were a few minor leaks, but pretty much sorted now. If I can get a few hours in the evenings this week, I'm now ready to start temporarily wiring up the engine etc. Very close now to attempting to start the car.
Anyway, not posted pics for a while, so here's the car as it stands now:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home