Sunday, September 17, 2006

Build Day 33.....More Chassis Work

It's been one of those days today where I haven't seemed to have got anywhere near as much work done as I'd planned to. Spent the morning trying to siphon the petrol out of the Rover. It had three quaters of a tank in it, and as Petrol is worth about it's weight in gold, thought I'd better remove it. Easier said than done though. Bought a length of pipe specially to do it, but couldn't get it all the way into the tank. Must be a filter or anti-siphon device in the filler pipe. In the end I managed to find the wiring to the petrol pump. Wiried it up to a battery and pumped the fuel out through the disconnected pipes under the bonnet.

In the afternoon I concentrated on doing a bit more to the chassis. Cut and shaped a number of peices to size, but have not yet got round to welding them into place - again it all seemed to take much longer than planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home