Saturday, August 26, 2006

Build Day 24.....Steady, but Frustrating Progress

The day all started off as a bit of a disaster. I'd planned to continue stripping the engine bay of the Rover in readiness for removing the engine, but I spent most of the morning trying to remove the exhaust pipe from the turbo. Rusted nuts coupled with difficult access caused all sorts of nightmares. I got two of the three nuts off with brute force, but had to resort to the angle grinder to remove the third - this means I'll now have to replace a stud on the turbo :(. Once this was done I then realised the exhaust pipe was also attached to the back sump with some even more inaccessible nuts :(. I also managed to knock my bench grinder off the workbench!! - don't ask! :S

Anyway, this was all solved and the afternoon was much more successful. Most everything is now detached from the engine, with all the wiring etc labeled up. Anything that might get in the way of the engine being lifted (it's got to come out complete with the gearbox) has also been removed. Only things left to do are the drive shafts and the gearstick linkages. These will have to be done on Monday as I'm out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home