Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Build Day 25.....A Bit More Stripping

I spent a little more time after work today on stripping the engine bay of the Rover. Managed to disconnect the driveshafts with my special 'driveshaft disconnection' tool:;-)

Shame to destroy the driveshafts like that, but I don't need them for the new build and removing the shafts properly would of required dismantling the front suspension and quite frankly I'd like to have the engine out before Christmas :S

Incidentally, I needed a new disk for the angle grinder the other day. I usually buy the disks from my local DIY shop which is one of those proper old Aladdin's cave type places rather than the usual 'B&Focus-It-All-Base' . The price at my local shop is £1.70, but sadly they were out of stock, so I went to 'B&Focus-It-All-Base' instead - £4.00!!!!!! I bought it anyway hoping that as it was a well known make, it may last longer - fat chance; it shattered into a thousand pieces shortly after I started using it!! Thankfully, my local shop had re-stocked by today so I bought two - I only needed one to do the shafts and it didn't shatter either. Just goes to show that these big out-of-town chains don't always sell stuff cheaper (or as good as) what you can buy on your high street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home