Thursday, July 12, 2007

Build Days 113 & 114.....Attaching the Floor

The last few evening has been spent attaching the floor. Well, I say attaching, but it's not permanent yet. However, the hard work is done. It may not look much, but basically I have done the laborious task of pilot drilling, drilling, de-burring and tapping hundreds of holes through which the socket head bolts will hold the floor onto the chassis:




I've then test assembled it to check it's OK:



Note that there are no bolts yet down the outer side edges. This is because the bolts there will also hold on the bottom of the side panels and I'll need to have those panels in place (once I get the aluminium) so I can drill through everything together.

Then next stage is to take the floor off and carry on with the all the other panels. I wont attach anything permanently until all the panels are made and their holes drilled and tapped. This is to ensure I have enough room to work before I box things in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home