Sunday, July 08, 2007

Build Days 111 & 112.....Axle Painting, and Making the Floor

First of all, I've completed the modification to the Axle and have painted it. Here it is:



I've now moved on the making the floor. I've used a piece of 3mm checker board aluminium. Using a cardboard template, I cut it to size, then ground off the checker board pattern where the floor will rest on the chassis tubes to ensure a flush fit:







So far so good. Next step will be to start attaching it to the chassis. Traditionally, this is done with rivets, however I'm not keen on using them. Instead I have some M5 stainless socket button bolts on order. The plan is to drill and tap holes into the chassis for these bolts to screw into. This way it's not permanent, so I can more easily get all the body panels made up and the mounting holes drilled before final assembly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home