Friday, February 16, 2007

Build Day 70.....New Upper Wishbone Brackets

I decided that before I mounted the top wishbone brackets, a small adjustment to the bracket design was called for. What I've done is made up some new ones which are a little longer than the originals:



You can see an original sized one on the left. Obviously, now the brackets are too big for the wishbone. This gives the ability, by packing out with washers, to make adjustments to the position of the top wishbones backwards and forwards. In doing so I have a level of adjustment to the castor. Castor was the only part of the front suspension that was fixed, and this was bothering me. I will now be able to play with castor, camber, toe-in/out, ride height and damping.

The original ones won't go to waste either as these will now be used for the top shock mountings (which I hadn't got round to making yet)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home