Monday, April 18, 2011

IVA Today!

Phew, glad that's over - been bricking it for days.
Had my IVA at Nottingham this morning. Chap called Martin did the test - top bloke.

Fail points are:

> Brake Warning Light Symbol itself needs to light up rather than having a light next to the symbol - Doh!, but easy to fix.
> Obligatory Exterior Projections Issues - Nothing major, just a few more bits of trim etc to attach. Should get most of this done this afternoon.
> Side repeater locations - I tried so hard to get these right :( oh well. Martin was very helpful in working out an alternative place for them
> Rear Fog lamp tell-tail comes on when you turn switch on, even if fog light itself is off (i.e. when main lights are off). Again - Doh!

And then the biggy:

> Emissions - Lambda is too high (1.180). I didn't expect this as I'm using an untuned engine with the OEM ECU. I'll have to get this look at at the local garage.

So, all in all, I'm pretty happy. Provided I can sort the emissions, I should be good to go for the re-test soon.

Had to drive 22 miles to the test centre. No serious issues with the car except it wasn't charging the battery - but I think I know why.
A real hoot to drive :) and seems very quick. I was a little careful and rationed out the beans, but I'm happy with what I see

I can relax a little now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home