Monday, August 25, 2008

Build Day 157.....Alternator Assembly

I've spent most of today fabricating an alternator bracket. The engine's original bracket was part of the water, power steering and A/C pump assembly. As I've discarded all these pumps, a new custom bracket for the alternator is required.
It's almost done, just the final welding up to do.

I also put the car down on it's wheels for the first time since the engine was put in. This was mainly to roll it forward to a more central position (after it was moved back to give more room for engine installation), but also to see what it looks like and check ground clearance:




The ground clearance is not too bad (about 5 inches), but I do need to raise it a little. The coilover shocks are fully adjustable to allow me to do this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home