Saturday, February 09, 2008

Build Day 133.....Cleaning Parts

I'm working all out now to get the car on it's wheels. To do this, I've placed an order for the brakes for the car, plus the proper sized shocks. I'm having Wilwood powerlite 4 pot calipers on the front and on the back I'm converting from drums to disks with some generic VAG single pot calipers.

Unfortunatly, the order hasn't arrived yet, so I was a bit stuck with what to do today, so I ended up cleaning and reconditioning some donor parts that I hadn't got round to doing before. Not much fun, but it has to be done.

In particular I've cleaned up the drive shafts and removed the old, perished CV boots. I've now ordered some new boots to go on. The shafts will need to go on before I can put the wheels on anyway, so it's time well spent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home